Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Radio on maserati 2008 quattroporte locked for 2 days dose…

Customer Question
Radio on maserati 2008...

Radio on maserati 2008 quattroporte locked for 2 days dose not ask for code after battery died and 3 attempts to enter the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I think i have the code but it does not even go to the screen to enter it it just says Invalid code system locked for 20 minutes for 2 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quattroporte yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried leaving car on for 20 minutes ignition in 2 position for a half hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Battery died radio ask for a code entered wrong code 3 times now it is locked for 2 days with the 20 min msg

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 3 days by:
3/10/2018
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

IF the code has been entered incorrectly and the radio is locked out there are a few things you can try.

First try disconnecting the battery again and see if it will then allow you to enter a code again.

If not, connect a battery charger and turn the key to the run position for one hour.

If it still does not unlock then you're most likely going to need to remove the radio and send it out to somewhere such as United Radio to have them unlock it and/or program a different code.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.