Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My brake pedal pulse whenever I stop. 2006 Maxima. And

Customer Question
Second opinion] my brake pedal...
Second opinion] my brake pedal pulse whenever I stopJA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?Customer: 2006 MaximaJA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: and sometimes my slip light will come on and its like it dont want to get gasJA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?Customer: its called slipJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no i just need to see what the problem is with the car so that i can get my daughter out of my car. She purchased the Maxima off a private owner for $3000 and this is the problem she is having with it
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Auto Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Generally a brake pulsation when stopping is due to the brake rotors being warped. A slip light coming on usually indicates a problem with a wheel speed sensor. You may need the rotors to be cut but you also may want to inspect the speed sensor wires in the front for damage and also check the front wheel bearings. Play in the bearing can cause both those issues.

Is your ABS coming on when you stop?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Auto Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 month ago
mike switzer

when exactly is the slip light coming on? when taking off from a stop or braking?

mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer