Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2004 X5 4.8L si Getting the following Codes 5DD7…

Hello,I have a 2004 X5...
Hello,I have a 2004 X5 4.8L siGetting the following Codes5DD7 EHC Error: Air Suspension - Height InvalidAir Conditioning
1F Coolant Valve Left
20 Coolant Valve RightAir Suspension (EHC)
03 Rear Left Solenoid Valve
01 Front Left Solenoid Valve
5CH/92 Undocumented code
03 Rear LEft Solenoid ValveInstrument Panel (KOMBI)
BD Electronic Brake Balance (EBV)Transfer Box (VGS)
54C6 Oil WearNot sure where to start on these
3/5/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I don't know what schedule you're using but you can look at the values of the height sensors in the air suspension control module.From the codes it appears that the solenoid block that opens and closes each solenoid to raise or lower each air shock has failed.It might also be saying that it's opening or closing that solenoid and that that shock isn't moving because the level sensor has failed.Try to use the scan tool to look at the readings on the sensors also visually inspect by measuring the distance from the center of the axle on each wheel to the fender directly above 12 position and verify that they're the same.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What readings. I can test them and check data on them
Go into the air suspension control module and look through the live data to see the readings from the level sensors
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LF 3.7v
RF 1.5v
LR 1.9v
RR 2v
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Accumulator pressure 224psi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ride level deviation is all 0 except LF at 6
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Terminal 30 is at 10.6v
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All valves are closed and both modes are not set
can your scan tool do basic settings and adaptations? If so we should try to set the levels.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it can I just I’m not sure how to do that
Do you have Mitchell on demand or alldata or anything like that? I have the factory manual around here somewhere, I can probably look it up. If you go into the air suspension control module and you look around in there your scan took probably has a drop-down box or a selection for air suspension adaptation already in there so you don't need to find it by looking through block by block, let me know if you can find that, it should describe how to do it in the scan tool and everything.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I couldn't find it in mitchell one. If you can let me know how to do it I am sure our scan tool can. Its a snap on solus
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried that I will close this for now and reopen it if doesn't fix the prob
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician