Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Hope you can help 2006 volvo s80 while sitting in seats it…

Hope you can help...

Hope you can help 2006 volvo s80 while sitting in seats it feels like were getting spanked.but I believe that the gas is wanting to flood out the car..only 10mpg when stepping on gas but let off gas we get 30 mpg.how to adjust fuel to air .We purchased used and its killing our budget..MICHELLE from sc

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?

Yes all are new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tune up.cleaned evac.replaced coils spark plugs.throttle body all sensors.fuel injecter o rings.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just got all 5 cylinders firing right after 3 had constant misfire

3/4/2018
Enes
Enes, Volvo Technician
I need more info what your problem is I can’t tell
For sure what you like to fix or have problem ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Crank it up all is fine.within five minutes the idle goes down it gets very choppy and skip happens.the skip or miss is not consistent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also it seems like its getting too much fuel or air.white smok e out tail pipe
Any fault codes check
Engine ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Misfire on 3. Check engine light comes on in flashes

Looks like you will replace all spark plugs and mostly likely all ignition coils you can replace for now just cylinder 3 but most time after you replace one coil reset requires also but replace one cylinder 3 and all spark plugs and see how it goes

That can give you all problems having abs flashing check engine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've replaced already
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You're going to need you to scan tool is capable of reading active misfires of each cylinder at a given time sometimes because of his first so bad it will tell you the wrong cylinders misfiring. You could also disconnect the coils one at a time while the vehicle is running and see if you get a change in the way the engine is running, if you don't from one of the cylinders and that's the cylinder is misfiring.You might try moving cylinder 3 coil to cylinder 2 and the fuel injector cylinder for cylinder 3 to cylinder 4 and see if the misfire moves to the other cylinder.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will try that tonight it went limp mode .I just feel its the fuel rail.smelling gas badly.but thank you for the answer.will try
It smelled like gas because it's misfiring, it's not the fuel rail....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks alot
If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name is ***** ***** the only way the site will compensate me for my time.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician