Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

HAVE A SIMILAR ISSUE 08 GS350 NO START GOOD IGNITION LIGHTS…

HAVE A SIMILAR ISSUE...

HAVE A SIMILAR ISSUE 08 GS350 NO START GOOD IGNITION LIGHTS GOOD STARTER BUT NO VOLTAGE TO STARTER ALL FUSE ARE GOOD CHANGE STARTER RELAY SAME THING

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

11400 EVERYTHING WAS GOOD PARK CAME BACK TURNOVER FOR 1 SECOND THEN NOTING

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Lexus?

GS 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES ONLY STARTER RELAY

3/1/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

Hi there - was there anything that happened before this no start condition?

Is the security light on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Change alternator and fuseable link 4 weeks ago security light work like it normally would

When you hit the start button, is there a click at all?

Starter contacts have known to be an issue - contacts in the starter itself

how many miles on the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Starter tested good the start bot***** *****ghts up green when brakes are applied
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I jump relay it turns over

The starter relay?

To energize the relay, there is also a circuit that goes through the Park neutral switch. Have you tried starting the truck in neutral?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a lexus gs350 car and no it doesn't start in neutral with ignition on and starter relay bypass it doesn't start just turn over
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It also have good battery

I'm sorry. I have misunderstood your question. It cranks but doesn't start... correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No! it only crank when I jump the relay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ignition powers up everything works fuel pump prime for a few seconds just won't crank until I jump relay but still wont start
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Let me know if you got this resolved or still need help. I will be logged in between jobs as time allows . We can follow up as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing changed last guys said he would refer me to another tech I guess that tech is you!

I did some digging and there are a couple service bulletins on this issue. One is related to the battery and ground cable (ground separately and see if it starts) and the other is a problem with the start switch itself. Click below for the troubleshooting info. Let me know the results.

Service Info

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If the start switch was the issue when I turn the ignition on and jump starter with probe shouldn't it start? I already did the ground thing
You have progammed modules and software in the equation.... It's not that simple without having a scan tool to plug in that will read live data so you can monitor the sensor and switch parameters, fault codes Etc. Do you have a scan tool that reads live data?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand all that but if the problem was only the start switch once I bypassit, it should start. I'm not worried about car starting I'm worried about it not cranking on its own no voltage to starter
but on most of the vehicles today the starter actually gets power from the computer because the computer has inputs from the start switch and then send the output to the starter which also can be interrupted by the security system...
I am going to opt out in case another professional can pull some diagrams on the start circuit for you as I am out on the road today and do not have access to them to provide them to you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Update! I charge battery try to start car it turnover for 2 seconds and stopped this is the 3rd time it did that in my checking process. And I have no scanner communication with 2 different scanner that works fi e on other cars
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** can happen if the 5 volt reference circuit gets shorted to ground. The common sensor to short out is the fuel rail pressure sensor; unplug the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail and see if the 5 volts is restored and the scan tool can communicate. Let me know what you find.

Marty

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are the real expert! Thanks a lot, that did the trick.
Excellent!
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician