Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Why is the odometer mileage number blinking? 2012 fiat 500.

Why is the odometer...

Why is the odometer mileage number blinking? 2012 fiat 500. happens only when motor is running

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual, I'm not near the car but I think 27000 or 28000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed it today, haven't done any other diagnostics or fixes

3/1/2018
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

That odometer is blinking because the BCM (Body Control Module) needs to be realigned with the rest of the computers in the vehicle. It is called a PROXI alignment. Ask the dealer to connect their WiTech scan tool and perform a PROXI alignment. I am 99.9% sure that this will take care of it.

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello, just checking to see if you received my answer. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Chris

Thanks. Unhooking the battery was the cure.

Very good! If it happens again, then have that BCM PROXI aligned at the dealer.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician