Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Have an 2010 Hyundai Sonata, trouble with the gas button.

Have an 2010 Hyundai...

Have an 2010 Hyundai Sonata, trouble with the gas button. Can not open gas panel when push the button

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Same as usual but can not open gas panel to put in gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just brought car yesterday and tried to open gas panel but it not opening

2/19/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Does the trunk open when you press the trunk lid switch?

T​hank you. Just a moment, please.

Can you please help

I​ am. Don't worry.

Ok just wanted to tried to fixed it

T​he issue that you are having is going to be either one of two things. Since the trunk button is working, then this means the fuse is good. The next thing that you can do is test the door switch or the door actuator. The switch is the most probable cause, but the actuator could very well be the issue. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits, to give you a better understanding.

Here, I am attaching testing information for the switch and the actuator.

This testing information will help you pinpoint the issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Do l open the trunk to fixed it? Looking at the paper and it tell me how to open gas panel

There is also a campaign for a recall on this issue. This means that the dealer is aware of this issue, but there is not a recall yet

To fix the issue, you must first perform the testing to determine the cause. To access the actuator you open the trunk. You should test the switch first. since it is the most probable cause.

Ok, it should be on the back of the gas panel on the left side of the trunk?

Exactly.

Ok will do it tomorrow it night time and it's raining here in Hawaii

No problem. Keep me posted. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Ol

Thank you.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for expert to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician