Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 06 Scion XB w/200k miles just threw codes P0012 and

Hi! My 06 Scion...

Hi! My 06 Scion XB w/200k miles just threw codes P0012 and P0303..... I'm broke - so I DIY everything. I chanhed my oild, and spark plugs - to no avail. ALSO got a new radiator cap and gas cap. Still, nada.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

203k exactly. Just changed plugs today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your xB yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ues. I changed my oil and oil filter, changed the spark plugs, got a new gas cap and radiator cap.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thank you

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can you feel a misfire occurring when driven?

Have you tried any repairs for code 0012?

It runs rough and has some loss of power.... but, I can't tell if thats a misfire or not. I changed the spark plugs, in hopes that would do the trick (it was first on the long list of things ro check, on the Code website)

Here are the steps to diagnose the 0012 code. https://www.dropbox.com/s/13hymqm1jnpfqn5/0012.pdf?dl=0 This code can also result in a misfire being that it is a cam timing related code. So I would focus on getting this code addressed prior to paying more attention on the cylinder 3 intermittent misfire.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Hello, Sorry for my delay in responding. I am still reviewing the information....but I'll get right back to you.

Thanks for keeping in touch. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help or need more help prior to the 23rd when the post times out from no rating.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician