Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My Vsc lights are on with my Lexus 470 GX and I took it to…

My Vsc lights are...

My Vsc lights are on with my Lexus 470 GX and I took it to the shop and they did a Diagnostics and there's no codes come up on it but my lights won't go out and isn't making a humming sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

There were no codes that came up

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GX?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I take it to the mechanic certified

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's the only problem I'm having is that my vs tracking and saying is off and the brake ABS brakes

2/16/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The reason the warning lights are on is either because the ABS module has seen a failure and set fault codes, or they may be on because the ABS module isn't communicating with the instrument cluster due to loss of power or ground or internal failure. Either way, it's not possible that there are no fault codes if the warning lights are on.

If they told you there were no fault codes it was either because they didn't want to work on it or they didn't have the equipment or knowledge to be able to read the codes. If you're not equipped to diagnose this problem yourself then I would recommend seeing your dealer's service department to diagnose it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you

You're welcome! Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you; a five star rating is greatly appreciated!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician