Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Car hasn't been driven for 200 days battery is flat. I got…

Customer Question
Car hasn't been driven...

Car hasn't been driven for 200 days battery is flat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I got it hooked up to my buddies truck with cables

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2009 bentley gtc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It won't start now I got the lights and gizmos to come on but not starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to know how long it takes for the battery to have enough juice to start

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Car
2/11/2018
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 10 days ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

There are 2 batteries on the car ( one under the hood and another in the trunk) and if they've both been completely discharged they may not charge up again

however try charging the batteries for a couple of hours to see if it springs to life, but I'd expect to have to replace them if they've completely flattened off

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 day ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer