Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Where is the level check for rover 75 gearbox. 2000 model.

Customer Question
Where is the level...

Where is the level check for rover 75 gearbox

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2000 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to check transmission level due to surging under power

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Dunno! Trying to check it now, but can't find where it is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
2/10/2018
Auto Mechanic: jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for using the service- I'll help you with the gearbox level check. It doesn't have a dipstick, it's a fill and spill type box.

You'll need to get under the car and pull the undertray off. You'll see the fill plug on the passenger side near the driveshaft. Remove the plug and the fluid should be to the bottom of the hole. You need to use MTF-90 fluid. The box is very sensitive to incorrect fluids.

I hope that helps, and I appreciate any positive feedback you have, as that is how I get paid. Thanks:)