Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Power steering worse. As you know from my previous question,

just swapped out PS pump...
Power steering worse. As you know from my previous question, just swapped out PS pump. Cant seem to get this one right. Have bled and bled this system, with the wheels up in the air, it seemed ok, but soon as it is back on the ground, I have almost no steering assist and it sounds horrible, the pump is absolutely screaming.... Fustrated and not sure what to try next.
Ok, found one of the rubber seals must have fallen out when putting all back together. Took it for a test drive, and turns fine, but still have a bit of a whine when turning while under power. Got back and looked in the resevoir and there were some bubbles, do I need to just keep bleeding it at this point maybe?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2018
jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician

Hello- sorry to hear your problems with your power steering.

When the car is idling do you see good fluid flow into the reservoir? It should look like a lot of fluid is travelling through it.

Thanks for the reply, I finally got it. Once I replaced that seal, then just had to do the normal bleed for air and all was good. Yes it was circulating.

Great, glad to hear it- nice work!

jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician