Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Cant get back sliding door open passenger. just makes noise…

Cant get back sliding...

Cant get back sliding door open passenger. just makes noise but will not open.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 sienna cl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all buttons and handles etc. Not sure what else to do

1/23/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Is this a power sliding door?

Disconnect both battery cables. Negative first then positive. Hold the cables together for 5 minutes. Reconnect the cables Positive first then negative. Make sure both doors are closed.

If that does not work you will need to remove the interior trim panel to access the latch. You should be able to manually get the door open from the inside. You will then need to replace the latch/power sliding door motor that has failed. You need to gain access to the motor/cables to physically see what part has failed.

https://www.ebay.com/i/253372313863?chn=ps this is the most common part to fail and cause your issue.

I hope this is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated You can do this rating by clicking on the stars. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!

Will try this and see. How do I get trim panels off with door closed?

Remove the screws and the rest of the trim is just held on by plastic clips. It is possible but a bit more difficult.

Dan, ASE Master Technician