Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Online really or BOT. Pathfiner 2006. Is this human or BOT?

Online really or BOT ...

Online really or BOT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Pathfiner 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is this human or BOT?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Heater wont blow hot to driver side, but blows to passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Yep

1/23/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is this an auto system or manual?

Shortly. 2006 Pathfinder diesel, european version. Manual. Driver side wont blow warm at all. Passenger side works normally. THere are four actuators in blower mechanism. Which one is the faulty one?
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2006-nissan-pathfinder/heater-blower-unit.html
27443M is working, I can visually see it moving and it chooses WHERE the blower blows.
I need to know which one of them is choosing driver side temperature.
Ok. So, this is viewed from firewall side? And this is the one that is easiest to see from passenger side footwell?

The pic I sent you is US spec, is your steering wheel on the right or left side of the truck when sitting in it?

Do you need more help or???

I took it away, and looks like the actuator dont move when I adjust temperature. And the shaft is visible and I can change blow to driverside, thought engine is cold. But looks like I got it now. Thanks.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Ok and thanks. I should have asked in the first place.... How do you get paid on this?
If I can ask another question? Now the dashboard bottom/consoles are open, due my wrong way to reach the actuator (before I asked help from you) it might be good time to change the knob lights. The three big heater knobs are gone dark, are there changeable bulbs? And what is the easiest way to change them? Also the radio setup which is Nissan OEM setup, has gone dark from the left side. Is there bulb? And what is easiest way to change them?

Sorry to say, I don't see any replaceable bulbs in the system. They appear to be LED bulbs soldered right into the circuit board.

The switches are also part of the control board from what I can see. There aren't any instructions for replacements.

As for the radio, I know that's inside the radio and LED

Too bad. But thanks anyways.

You're very welcome.