Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I just bought a 1995 Damon Ultrasport. There are three

I just bought a...

I just bought a 1995 Damon Ultrasport. There are three switches on the steps going into the RV. Two are white and one is red. What do they go to?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1994 Damon Ultra Sport.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '95 RV?

It’s a ‘94 Damon Ultra Sport.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t tried anything. They are stock from the factory.

1/23/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help with this question?

I do

Ok, you do have switches in a different location for water pump? HW heater? etc? I am just asking as each RV is different. I too own a Damon Challenger so I am very familiar with them.

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Phone call session started
Sir, I finally had a chance to check out the the switches and none was not able to get any of them to work. There is not a motor on the steps. Thanks again for you help. Hopefully we can keep trying.

do you have an outside light? I think you said you did by door. I know near 100% one switch is for that light, Did you find a panel for water pump. Water heater? etc? did you turn every light in the Rv and then try one of the switches to be sure some tuned off with the switch by the door

The middle switch does control the outside light. Still can’t figure the red switch (with light in switch) and the first switch control. The red switch is the last in the row as you enter the trailer.
Evening Randy, the first switch goes to the overhead light behind the cab area. The second switch turns the outside light off and on. All that is left is the red switch. I noticed on my first post I stated that it was a ‘95 it’s a ‘94. I have found one electric receptacle that is not hot. It’s the one above the sink. Any suggestions? Thanks again and have a good evening.

Sorry for the delay. odd as red with light inside is usually somehting that is done to warn you of something. Are we sure it is not the water pump? did you find another water pump switch?

there is another water pump switch. Could it be a propane emergency switch?

I personally have never seen that and I own a Damon so kind of leaning to no. If no power steps. some other options are. it may? have had a power step OR I forgot one switch at door in mine are the basement/cargo lights. I am going to contact a group of RV owners shortly and see if they have the same. Last option would be a switch to switch over to electric HW heater. You may? have one but usually not in Rv that old even mine does not have that. Let me reach out to my group and ask. I will get back with you as soon as I can with any information

Sounds good. No rush. Thanks

I belong to a big group on Facebook who are all RV owners. I just sent the messaqe to the group. lets see if any add'l suggests come in

Appreciate all your help. Any suggestions on the electrical outlet?
K will do

outlet? would not be related to the red switch as that is 12 volts only so.. you may? have a GFI outlet in the Rv somehwre that needs reset or be sure all breakers are on

Electrical outlet over the kitchen sink has no power

still same thing as I wrote. breaker, GFI needs reset or maybe bad outlet

Thanks

Im thinking GFI. In mine>? the GFI is in the bathroom but controls the outlet near sink as is close to wet area

I’ll check it out.

look at ALL outlest looking for GFI then check all breakers

GFI was the problem. You are so smart.

lol!!!

I’m at my wits end on this red rocker switch that is on the steps going into my motorhome. I had one guy tell me it was the battery disconnect but it wasn’t. I’m don’t going to give up. I’ll keep on looking. Thanks
Damn you are so smart and I’m so stupid. You told me to check for cargo lights and I did I thought. I was out there last night trying to figure out what that switch went to. I just happened to glance at one of the compartments and BINGO there was a light on. Like I said you are so smart. And I’m so stupid. Thanks again for all your advice. I’m sure you will be hearing from me again. Have a good and know that you helped a Donna Okie from Muskogee out.
You helped a dumb Okie Frim Muskogee.