Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

What is the inner diameter of the power steering return hose…

What is the inner diameter...
What is the inner diameter of the power steering return hose for a 1999 buick park avenue Ultra
1/22/2018
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

The inside diameter is 3/8 on***** Be sure and use a moulded hose so it doesn't try to collapse at higher rpm's. should be labelled P/S hose or come in bulk and labelled Power steering return hose.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i am just getting some clear hose so i can do a flush so thanks for the info.
do all power steering fluids work in this vehicle like prestone or stp power steering fluids?

GM says put this specific part number in it, but Auto Zone sells some that is this number that is compatible. AZPSF12 the gm number is(###) ###-#### put some lucas conditioner in it too I would recommend.

Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, Service Technician