Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The car wont turn over the batt is up I make the starter…

The car wont turn...

The car wont turn over the batt is up I make the starter crank by crossin the stater solenoid where to look?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

The starter won even turn over the car click or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2002 Lincoln ls V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all fuses relays connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery in up the lights come on

1/22/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

have you tried to start it in neutral?

no luck
I have no Idea what or where those fuse are

I sent you the pics of where they are. the first one is under the hood on the right side. then second is inside the car under the dash

I have checked every fuse in the fuse box under hood the passenger kick panel and in the trunk all good

there are 2 fuse boxes under the hood

is the fuse box on the right hand side under he hood?

I forgot the Battery junction fuse box was located in the trunk so there's only one under the hood.

rightside towards the front of compartment

ok you need to disconnect the transmission range sensor on the left side of the tranny and check for 12 volts in the connector where the gray wire goes while someone holds the key in the start position

ok I will gop do that now be back shortly

ok

I unplugged the conector and therte is no power to the gray wire

with the key held in the start position?

ok reconnect it and backprobe the same wire and check it again. thanks

when hooker up and probed it has power

ok. good. standby please

ok. pull the starter relay. the prongs should be numbered 30, 87, 86,85. check for 12 volts in slot 30. doesnt matter if key is on or off. if there is voltage then check for 12 volts in slot 86 while holding key in the start postion

the relay pins are just like you said

and the voltage is like i said?

are u here

Im here. Hurt my back and had to lay down for a while

are the voltages reading good like I described?

I am here waiting for answer

so am I. are the voltages reading good like I described?

ok, please standby

if you put a jumper between slot 30 and slot 87 the starter should crank. please tell me if it does. thank you

it does

when you turn the key to start does the security/theft indicator go out?

I don't know I will have to look however when I went to try and start it the alarm went off and I had to put key in door lock to turn it off

ok, let me know. we might be dealing with a PATS lockout

I don't see the light

there should be the word security or theft or a little red blinking light on the dash

there is no light blinking in instrument panel but on the top of the dash by front windshield there is a round red light blinking

thats the anti theft light

is it going out when the key is turned to the start position?

the red light is not on when the doors are shut like it used to do now when you turn the key on it starts flashing
thanks I will check it tomorrow if the fuse is good then what should I do

the key will need to be reprogrammed

do you have another key?

no I only have one

ok then it will need to be reprogrammed if the fuses are good

fords PATS system is bulletproof. no way around it

I guess the onlyp reson that can d
and I guess the only person that can do it is the dealer

a locksmith can do it also

then its the key that has to be programed

yes

thank you sir have a good knight

you are very welcome. you also and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you and please let me know how its going.