Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2016 pathfinder and when i turn the fan on for the…

I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 pathfinder and when i turn the fan on for the heat and defrost it is making a loud clicking noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just started yesterday and it sounds like its from the fan since i only hear it when I turn on the fan for the heat ac and defrost

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is my first step to see if anyone else have had the same issue I will most likely take it to a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is the issue I am having

1/22/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Has the cabin air filter been replaced recently?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don't think so

The most common cause of this is a leaf or some sort of other debris making its way past the cabin filter and into the blades of the blower fan. You would then need to remove the blower fan and inspect. Then you would want to replace the cabin filter as well, if no debris in the fan are found then the blower fan will most likely need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
is this an expensive repair to have a mechanic take care of this

If the blower needs to be replaced then it might be under warranty. Otherwise it would cost about an hour of labor at whatever the dealers labor rate is.

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Dan, ASE Master Technician