Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata NF Elite and it's done 117000…

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata NF Elite and it's done 117000 kms. I've just been asked if the timing belt has been replaced as I"m trying to sell it but it doesn't appear so. Was it due at 90000?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

117000 kms, no haven't had it changed before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

No was going to contact Automasters to ask why they didn't do it at the 90000 service

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not really.

1/22/2018
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Can you tell me which engine is in the Sonata?

Both options - 2.4L and 3.3L use a timing chain not a belt so it does not need to be replaced as it is designed to last the life of the engine.

Please let me know if you have further questions. If nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician