Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2014 Subaru Forester. Had 2 amateur radios plugged into rear…

2014 Subaru Forester....

2014 Subaru Forester. Had 2 amateur radios plugged into rear accessory power outlet. Keyed up one of them and both shut down, no power. Which fuse and where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Dead as far as I know, just to rear, outlet in rear of front console works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I assumed it was a fuse. Just got Forester a month ago. Don't know which fuse that would be and whether in the passenger cabin or engincompartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

1/22/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hello what is the vin of the vehicle ?

JF2SJAHC3EH498246

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

the fuses to check are 13 and 20 in the in-car fuse panel

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Phone call session started