Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

VSC light on dash with yellow (!) and check engine. Got

VSC light on dash...

VSC light on dash with yellow (!) and check engine. Got diagnostic codes C1259 and C1310

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to a mechsnic and got those codes. They said to take it to Toyota but I was just wondering if I need a new hybrid battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Prius is hesitating upon acceleration and last night I barely made it up the hill in my neighborhood

1/21/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin the codes you have do point to a hv battery issue .the car needs to be plugged onto a diagnostic tool and voltage in all cells monitored at idle state and measuring discharge and recharge rates .in most cases just cells need replacing rather than the entire battery

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. So if I take it to Toyota they can do that? Do you know how much that might cost?

Toyota dont do this they will sell you the entire battery normally between 1-3000

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then how would I do that?

You need to find a garage in your area that works on hybrid vehicles they will be able to replace just the failing cells rather than the entire battery

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you!

No problem please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic