Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Changed mirror and now won’t start clicking noises and light…

Changed mirror and now...

Changed mirror and now won’t start clicking noises and light flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Sounds like clicking when battery is dead not sure where that comes from. The whole electrical is going haywire. Could fuse have blown when we switched the mirror? We removed Pamela don unplugged old one and plugged in replacement.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. What I just said. Unplugged old driver mirror and plugged in replacement. I am getting a new Lexus and trading this one. Did not want to put anymore money in it. Tephe old mirror has a crack in housing. Unplugged new one and that has not fixed the problem. Still won’t start

1/22/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You could have a deeper electrical issue such as a power distribution or bus communication issue but it sounds as if you may have a dead battery, and that's the first thing that needs to be addressed. The first thing I would recommend is making sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. If ok then the next step will be to either try a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will load test batteries for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician