Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Need an enclosed trailer to haul aglide and a honda rancher…

Need an enclosed trailer to...
Need an enclosed trailer to haul a*****glide and a honda rancher 4x4 and maybe some kyaks. Looking for any sugguestions and insight
1/21/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! If you go on craigslist or facebook you should be able to find a v nose single axle fold down door 8 to 10 feet long model with side door access for around 1800-1900

yeah been looking at them on craigslist but wondered if there were particular brands or somethign I should look for as I need something already with built in locks to tied down straps, maybe already with a wheel chock. anything more specific?

you can get the tie down rail kits online which I suggest then you can put them anywhere you want and as for brands are concerned if money isnt a issue I would go with big tex or haulmark, you can order anything you want from them, but as far as what your looking for a 3500 pound single axle trailer is fine, and most of the people that sell those wil install anything on the inside you want if thats something your not wanting to do yourself, for what your doing there wouldnt be something specific and I would install the buy and install the mounts where you wanted them, depending on what your towing with you may also want to look into trailer brake system.

https://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-trailer-tie-down/p/ETrack-Kit/?CID=PSC-PLA-Google-ETrack-Kit-motorcycle-tie-downs&st-t=google-motorcycle-tie-downs&vt-pti=369569403039&vt-k=&vt-m=&CAWELAID=820562990000010916&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=44020151901&CATCI=pla-369569403039&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6aqS9PPp2AIVVLnACh00CQv8EAQYCiABEgLy0PD_BwE&ppcsclkid=4m562NzSi24r&ppcstrkid=1069721600&ppcsu=xhg7f5djqlusist

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician