Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Just came home from work and my car alarm has gone of 3

Just came home from...

Just came home from work and my car alarm has gone of 3 times. I have check all the passenger doors and they are closed. My hood is not locking or unlocking by latch and it does not fit as snug as it did originally. Just got it paint and sanded out due to my recent chance meeting with a deer. Do I need new batteries for my key fob or is it something more?l can't stay up tonight with this car. What should I do till I can get it back to the shop?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No I haven't. Can I get a replacement at CVS?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fit?

2008 Toyota Pruis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will replace the batteries in my key fob tonight my self as long as I know what size battery to get

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to know how to get this alarm to turn off in my car without leaving the keys in the ignition all nite

1/21/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

The reason your alarm has came on 3 times is because the hood latch is not working correctly because of the work just done to your hood the microswitch inside the hood latch is not correct then the alarm gets triggered , i recommend you disconnect the battery for the night and then take it inn to the repair when you can . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

I don't know how to disconnect the battery. Is the fuse easier to take out?
thanks we will call AAA. Appreciate your help.

Your welcome please dont forget to provide feedback thank you

tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Aaa unable to disconnect battery in hybrid.
Was able to return to get hood repair and car re armed thx
Welcome