Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have read the book about changing high and low headlamps…

I have read the...

I have read the book about changing high and low headlamps but fail to see how to get at the parking lamp.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 GL450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can see the access covers for the high and low beams but cannot figure out how to get at the small parking lamp

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Bulb out indicator in in the dash message

1/20/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there and welcome

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

these are a little tricky to get at but usually with long needle nose pliers you can access them all.

here is a series of videos that shows exactly how to do it: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2009_Mercedes-Benz_GL450_4.6L_V8/lights/parking_light (start on video 2 s video 1 is generic and not specific to your merc)

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert