Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My vx401 clarion touchscreen does not work. I can see it but…

My vx401 clarion touchscreen...

My vx401 clarion touchscreen does not work. I can see it but touching does nothing. Only on/off and vollume button works. Tried reseting and unpluging from power and no success. Any special trick to make this work or my clarion stereo is dead?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is your Clarion connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes all is connected ok. it is paired to my iphone

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

If i plug my ipod as AUX it works because I can switch audio mode with the funconning on/off button. But I can't use any of the touchscreen button. Nothing work when i touch the screen

1/20/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hello and welcome.

hi

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

if you have already disconnected power to the unit and let it sit for a long period (I usually suggest and hour to be safe) then this is the only real trick.

if the issue persists, then unfortunately that point to a simple failed unit, there isn't anything else that can really be attempted I'm afraid.

sorry to have likely bad news but I hope that my honest and prompt response on a Saturday is appreciated.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert