Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Screen failure of the Nav unit. 2008. Only tried the dealer,

Screen failure of the...

Screen failure of the Nav unit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only tried the dealer, and got quoted the price of the whole replacement unit (wtf)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio worked before he tried disconnecting batteries, now I can`t input the code (blamnk screen)

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes and yes problem is, I`m in the UK, not US

1/20/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin so has the issue been confirmed as nav unit failure ?

no, only the screen is faulty (no backlight)
problem inputting phone number (as I`m not in US)

Ok the only real option you have is to repair other than replacement of unit .there are companies that repair these units i would call bba reman and see if your stereo is one they can repair as this will be considerably cheaper than a new unit

repair is fine, as long as I can find somewhere (replacement of the units costs far too much)

Speak to bba reman on monday and see if they can assist they specialise in ecu ,audio repair for cars

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
ok