Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

It tells me to add coolant but the resivor is full. 200000.

Customer Question
It tells me to...

It tells me to add coolant but the resivor is full

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

200000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000VW BEttle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing so far

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Auto Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad sensor inside the resevoir, and is ver common on these, are you planning on fixing this your self?

i will fix it myself

Which engine do you have in this?

2litre

ok, on this engine, the coolant level sensor is built into the coolant resevoir, so you will need to replace the resevoir, would you like the procedure for replacing it?

no i got it thxs

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credi for helping, thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me? I do not get paid unless you do?