Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My land rover 3. LR3 HSE 2006. I fix it my self i scanned it…

My land rover 3 ...

My land rover 3

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Land Rover?

LR3 HSE 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LR3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i fix it my self i scanned it and it gave me this as problem U0416-94/ Temporary

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes U0127-87

1/19/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

This is A loss of communication fault with tire pressure monitor

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i know U0127-87 IS TIRE pressure, what about U0416-94
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am repairing it my self and need step to step procedure

The U0416-94 is Dynamic stability fault

what is the vehicle doing, the abs , brakes light warning on at this time ?

the tire ,could be a bad tipm sensor or module needs replacement

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you call me pls, vehicle is showing tire and also one funny*****and a triangle in the circle, when this shows up, the car automatically lowers it self

yes sir i will give me few minutes to finish up the call i m on now ,you are next

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks, ***** ***** be waiting for your call

okay thank you

Chad Farhat
Phone call session started

I want you to read this bulletin on the ride height sesnor connector

and i m calling you now

I m calling ,but no answer,reply back when ready

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do you want me to read?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is your number?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tell me what to do here and where to locate what to do

2006 Land Rover LR3 (LA)

V6-4.0L

Air Suspension - Height Sensor Connector Overlay Harness

• Vehicle
  • Steering and Suspension
  • Suspension
  • Technical Service Bulletins
  • Air Suspension - Height Sensor Connector Overlay Harness

No.: LA204-003

Issue: 1

DATE: May 15, 2006

SECTION: 204-05

Air Suspension Height Sensor Connector Overlay Harness

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:

LR3 (LA) VIN: 5A000360 onwards

CONDITION SUMMARY:

NEW OVERLAY HARNESS SERVICE KIT FOR HEIGHT SENSOR CONNECTOR

Situation:

A service repair kit for the electrical connector to the air suspension height sensor is now available. Damage to the height sensor connector or connector wiring would normally have required replacement of the entire wiring harness. This service repair kit provides a short overlay harness and connector that may be used to repair connector damage.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do i do?

Situation:

Action:

Should the air suspension control module contain a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that is diagnosed as damage to the electrical wiring in the vicinity of the sensor connector or to the connector itself, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin to replace the sensor connector where appropriate.

Part # needed YMQ503220 Over relay harness connector for the suspension ride height to fix U416-94

the circle and triangle telling the suspension system is faulty and will throw you in limp mode

Buy the part from dealer and have an electrician fix it , the connection needs to be done as described

most likely is your issue here

now tipm issue ,that could be a tipm air sensor or tipm module faulty

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this the part i need to change? YMQ503220

yes SIR

that is the Kit part number needed to be purchased from dealer and replaced

PART # YMQ503220

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is that all i have to change? and where is it located in the car?

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE REMOVE AND REPLACE STEPS FOR THE RIDE HEIGHT SENSOR PLUG

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe i can check it if its not properly fixed, what do you think?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
kindly confirm if this is the exact picture of the part i have to change. attached here in

the part needed is a connector and some wires and heat shrink to repair the connector on the ride height sensor

click on the link and read the tsb carefully and see if you have the knowledge and tools to repair it then yes you can ,

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/jhook1398/96219a74-0538-4af3-9085-385b1a359594_8.pdf

THE TSB ,PDF FILE I SENT YOU IF YOU READ THRU IT TELLS YOU STEP BY STEP HOW TO REPAIR IT AND WITH PICTURES AND PART #

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
hello
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
how can one know which of the sensors is to be replaced?

Hooking up a capable scanner to it will identify which sensor,a scanner that can read suspension module on range rover

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
kindly check if this my scanner can do such.... FOXWELL MULTISYSTEM SCANNER NT510
maybe i just change the entire 4 sensor
do you think i can just remove it and clean it with a cabrator flit

i doubt all 4 are bad ,

i did check it , The fox well nt510 will not read the suspension module on this range rover

these scanner tha treads are $1500 and above usulay ,like a OTC , Snap on, launch ,with European software install on them

http://www.foxwelltool.com/wholesale/nt510-multi-system-scanner-with-one-fre-car-brand-software-and-obd.html

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
honestly, i am tired of this car issue from 1 to another

I would take it in,pay for diagnostic scan and you are not guessing and throwing parts at it

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
how do you mean?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
how do i pay for dignose scanner?

I mean to a dealer or a shop that works on them ,he will have the correct scanner to check what is wrong with suspension system and what is failing

did you get the kit for the wiring harness and installed it form what i sent you earlier

you just pay shop for hooking his scanner and print you out a report,usually $100

if you asking where to purchase a capable scanner, ebay.com they have them

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have my own scanner, though it might not give me the action section where the problem is, it was my scanner i used to get those codes i sent you earlier, i have not purchased the part yet, i will just purchase 4 at once and see what happen
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
AFTER DIAGNOSING MY LR3 2006U0402-94
U0416-94
U0403-94
U0421-94
U0127-87
P0170-00
P0171-00
P0174-00
P0504-64
P0504-29
B1B02-28
B1C57-14
B1C62-14

the U codes are the only codes valid

DTC

U0402-94

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
do you mean the other codes are showing up because of U0402-94

Yes , we have no communication between modules

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
moreover, this link is not opening
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
link did not still open
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
maybe you can give me directions on what to do or how to get to this link since its not working when i click on it

let me get back in my office ,be few hours , i can send it different way

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
it finally opened, what is the solution now, what do i have to change, what part do i have to replace? also the transmission is not selecting well, infact its hard to change from 1 to 2 or 4, its hard, could the U0402-94 also be the problem to that?
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Still waiting
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
hello

not sure how to proceed here

will opt out for other experts to assist you

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
can another expect attend to me now
jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thanks for trying again. I'm a Land Rover Master Technician, and very familiar with the cars. Let me look through the case history here, and I'll get back soon.

Okay- I read through he case notes here. I'm confused as to your actual question- Are you trying to fix a TPMS light that is illuminated? Your faults are showing lots of issues, but I really need to know what you are fixing now.

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
i want to fix all fault, but the 1st mechanic here made to understand that all faults are coming from one major fault which is U0402-94 ,
The problem is, the transmission gear is not "selecting" changing properly, its shows limited gear, i have changed the filter and transmission oil
another problem is, the suspension is not going to a higher standard, its on a lower standard, now i scan the scan and got all this codes, what do i DO?AFTER DIAGNOSING MY LR3 2006U0402-94
U0416-94
U0403-94
U0421-94
U0127-87
P0170-00
P0171-00
P0174-00
P0504-64
P0504-29
B1B02-28
B1C57-14
B1C62-14
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
U0402-94 invalid data received from transmission control module
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
U0401-94 invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module
U0416-94 invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module
U0403-94 invalid data received from transfer case control module
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
i have not goten any respond from the mechanic
Customer reply replied 4 days ago
no one has responded to my questions on the solution to take

I understand what you are looking for. You've got three different issues going on. It sound like you've got a CAN fault somewhere in the system. THese are very hard to diagnose, and you'll need to find a shop with a factory Land Rover tool to pinpoint, the area of the car where the likely hood is highest. The height esnor you replaced was probably an issue with the height, but you'll need to calibrate the suspension system with a Land Rover tool after installation. If that wasn't done, than you'll have to do that.

The P codes are the ones I would be looking at first personally. I suspect the MAFS has a failure.

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
What's Mad? How do I locate it

My advise is to have a shop work on the vehicle. This isn't a good car to learn how to work on cars with . You truly need a good handle on electronic components, and communications to be able to do it.

I understand that you want to work on it yourself, but it's not easy. Diagnostics and repair guidance on this forum is to give good advise. You'll need to find a better resource to fix the car.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat