Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2010 Ford Fusion radio heat and turn signals periodically go…

2010 Ford Fusion radio...

2010 Ford Fusion radio heat and turn signals periodically go out. Also when this happens the the door open, brake, and tire pressure gauges all come on. But yet the car still runs fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

Cold I'm in Michigan Lol! The weather has been horrible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to take it to a mechanic, but then it was working normal. He said he can't diagnose it unless I get it to him when it's acting up :-(

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's should be all.

1/19/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

these symptoms are typically caused by a faulty ignition switch - these fail and cause seemingly random components to stop working

the other alternative is a failed control module somewhere on the vehicle which is causing interference with other systems, but that isn't very common.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

I slammed the back passenger door shut, and the heat and radio turned on. Everything went back to normal. Wow! smh

I am glad that things are back to working for now, but there is definitely still an issue, it will return. It is likely the ignition switch as I suggested. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert