Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Had to jump it off for 2days and today it didn’t want to…

Had to jump it...

Had to jump it off for 2days and today it didn’t want to shut off. When it finally did shut off the dash light stayed on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Fuses & bulbs would allow lights to stay on ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Replaced battery’s in fobs. New car battery. It is not recognizing one of the Fobs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am researching on what way I need to go first. I have read there is a software update issue, lock mechanism issue in the steering column, wiring connection issue on ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pray, mommy of 4 needs a little help

1/19/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what year and model is our vehicle?

2011 Altima SR

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the symptoms suggest a faulty ignition switch based on your description. you will likely need to have yours replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert