Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2009 Odyssey Touring nav screen opened on its own and I…

My 2009 Odyssey Touring...

My 2009 Odyssey Touring nav screen opened on its own and I cannot get it to close. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have no ideas on what to try so have done nothing except push the close button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. I think the mechanic will understand the problem.

1/19/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Disconnect both battery cables. Negative first then positive. Hold the cables together for 5 minutes. Reconnect the cables Positive first then negative

That should reset the radio. If that does not work then your radio will most likely need replacement.

Thank you Dan I will give that a try in the morning and report back to you.

Your welcome. Ok let me know what you find.

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more. A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Yesterday I removed both battery cables and touched them together. I left them off over night. I reinstalled the cables this morning. The problem is not fixed. No change.

The next step would be radio replacement.

Thanks Dan.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated You can do this rating by clicking on the stars. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and lets get your question answered!

Dan, ASE Master Technician