Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2010 buick lacrosse with 2.4 4 cylinder engine i…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 buick lacrosse with 2.4 4 cylinder engine i keep getting a reduced engine power message. if i turn the car off and wait for a couple of minutes it goes away for about 10 minutes then comes back on. i tried throttle control cleaner but does not seem to help. autozone shows a code of P2135 throttle position sensors 1-2 not Plausible. and check engine light comes on. i understand gm has a problem with these models. it is much worse when it is cold or wet outside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Light stays on and not much power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and only tried the throttle cleaner so far

1/19/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon you will need to replace the throttle body more then likely the throttle flap sensors which are build into the throttle body are starting to fail and cause this very common issue , after you have the throttle body replace i recommend you have the basic settings reset in it with a capable scan tool to reset the relearn values. i hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

why would this only be happening when it is cold outside or wet? sunshine or warm temp it runs fine.
are you still there?
Because the sensors build inside the throttle body are small potentiometers and micro switches and when they are to fail these are the concerns we get when it’s in colder water or the moisture from the rain because they get fractures cracks in them I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback thank you
i understand buick or gm will replace the part if the car is less than 10 years old and less than 120000 miles? is this correct?
that is correct Gm ecetended the warranty for this item. I hope this helps please don’t Forget the feedback thank you
tech0405
tech0405, Technician
thank you