Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I set the child proof lock to the on position on my 2006…

Customer Question
I set the child...

I set the child proof lock to the on position on my 2006 passat (rear passenger side) now I can't open the door!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself. I have tried the master lock switch @ the drivers panel and tried ulocking and unlocking that, I've tried numerous things (opening from outside, inside etc, to no avail The closed door restricts access to the key swithc

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, I've replaced door lock actuators successfully on the front and then I did this boneheaded move on the rear!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/18/2018
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.
* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.The door panel needs to be removed to gain access to the latchDo you hear any noises I. The door at all when using the lock button?
is the $$ I've spent the total cost or are more charges coming for more questions?
If you are talking about the phone call service it’s optional if you want to do that service but if you have read my opening statement it’s pretty clear that is through the site.