Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

A light has came on on dash. It is on the right side top it…

A light has came...

A light has came on on dash. It is on the right side top it looks like a Genie pot what is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No I thought I was low on fluids but I wasn't

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2004 Jeep Grand cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just wanted to know what that light was. It starts and runs good. This light just came on today as I was driving home

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

No call is fine, it's the site prompting the call.

Number 5 is the check engine light. If the engine is running normally, then it's usually the result of a problem with the evap emissions system. The car is safe to drive with this light on until you can have the codes read to determine where to start looking for the issue.

My only concern is this isn't on the right side, but in the center. However, if this is the light you are seeing, it does mean there is a code stored.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.

Thank you so much!

DO you have any more questions for me?

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician