Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My 2002 ES300 won't start. The battery seems fine. It does…

My 2002 ES300 won't...

My 2002 ES300 won't start. The battery seems fine. It does not tick and the starter does not turn. How do I get the relay compartment apart to test the starter?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

The starter sounded fine till now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Lexus?

ES300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turned the key back and forth in the door 4 times then tried again, nothing. Pushed up on the shifter while turning the key, nothing. Tried to take relay out but failed. This is what I need help with.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just removed the air intake to expose the starter. Using a screwdriver, I crossed the (2) big terminals on the back of the soleniod with the key in the on position. I could see that there was power because it would spark slightly when contact was made. The starter did nothing. What do you think?
1/18/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

If you pulled the intake and use the screw driver and we do have power since it arced or spark , that means starter is no good

click on link to view starting system circuit on your car and how to starter .

we do ST/ relay to check but if there power at stater that mean relay good

but click on link to view location ST relay

make sure battery cables are not loose or corroded , and do check the battery with a voltmeter for 12 volts to be sure

BUT THIS HERE SOUND LIKE BAD STARTER

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat