Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a problem with my driver side lowbeam headlight. When…

I have a problem with...
I have a problem with my driver side lowbeam headlight. When I turn on car it comes on but in a minute it cuts off. I get message lowbeam light out. Then I turn the dial in the lighting area in car and turn it back and the headlight attempts to come back on. It then cuts off in a few minutes. After about several tries while driving it sometimes stays on. What could problem be?
1/18/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

is this a halogen or xenon/projector light? what has been replaced so far?

xenon, 2006 saab 93 aero wagon v6 2.8L turbo

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would replace the bulb if you haven't (or swap it to the other side) just to eliminate it as a possible cause, but most likely (almost certainty)this is a bad ballast, common issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Do you have a youtube on how to change the ballast? Do you have a website link where I can buy a ballast cheap?
is there any way to verify the fillment. It says 2003-2007 Saab 93 but I have had problems in past with bulbs with the same general fillment information.
Is this link to the same compatible items at higher price :
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=12-790-592&ul_noapp=true

you would have to contact the manufacturer or retailer to find out. as the question has been answered, please kindly click on a positive rating

I guess the question(s) were not clear.
1) I am trying to insure the fillment is appropriate formy car.
2) I am trying to insure that the link I gave you to the original mrg. ballast, which is obviously more expensive, is compatable to the $49.99 one you gave me the link to.
By answering 2 you basically are answering 1

yes those items are the same - both will fit your car. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert