Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Been told the reason my voyager is difficult to start hot or…

Been told the reason...

Been told the reason my voyager is difficult to start hot or cold is the fuel pressure release valve ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

97000 a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Voyager?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not tried nothing yet . Cranks over great but takes a age to fire

1/18/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you cycle the key off and on a few time before you actually crank the engine over does it start easier?

No i warm it up few times but still not as should be
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

do you still need help???

Just cranks well but ages to fire up even when warm

ok, there is a check valve in the fuel pump assembly in the tank. how to confirm is to use a fuel pressure gauge and hook it to the access port on the fuel rail. if you do not have the tool, you can rent one at a parts store.

it does sound like the fuel system is bleeding down from the valve. you most likely need a fuel pump.

Roy

don't think it's the pressure valve
Is fuel pump hard to replace

its a check valve, there is no pressure valve.

the fuel tank has to be dropped to gain access to the pump assembly. tough to do on the ground.

Roy

What's the valve at the end of injection rail

that is a regulator valve. it keeps the pressure from exceeding the needed amount. unregulated, the pump could out almost 100 lbs

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

I will have to find a garage to check it for me

that would be best. you will need to leave with them so they can verify the pressure is down after sitting

Roy

do you have any other questions??

any update

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Car going in Monday have pressure test to fuel pump

thank you

Car going in today for a check on pump as would not even fire up today

ok

Hi Roy had car checked and it was fuel returning to tank and air in system due to a washer leaking or to big . Not sure where washer was

well, if that were true, you would have had a leak.

o well, you got it fixed. thats good.

have a good day

Roy