Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Won’t start when it’s cold has new battery, spark plugs and…

Won’t start when it’s...

Won’t start when it’s cold has new battery, spark plugs and boots

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It cranks over great.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Se something lol 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No have mahnic, put new plugs and boots and battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My machanic feels like the coils are fine because it turns over so good and runs without any misses

1/18/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what happens when it is cold? it just cranks over but doesn't start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can’t find your response please resend
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can put an electric heater under it and cover front end with a tarp and when it warms it starts the first time
Hi can you answer the question I asked above?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this is usually caused by a bad temp sensor so I would start there.

if the issue persists, you will want to check for spark and fuel while cranking cold to further narrow down the cause, but I suspect it is the temp sensor. .

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had an analysis done said all sensors we goof but I will give that a try thank you
Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert