Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I'm wondering if Exxon Synergy gas will hurt or harm my 2008…

I'm wondering if Exxon...

I'm wondering if Exxon Synergy gas will hurt or harm my 2008 Prius.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

In this cold weather, I'm getting 39 mpg, and it starts perfectly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't fixed anything. I'm just wondering if Synergy gas is helpful at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

1/18/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. I am reviewing your question now and will reply shortly. You may see a popup for phone call request, That is not from me but rather the site. We can keep in this chat format or a call if you prefer.Call is an option not required. Thanks. Back shortly

How many miles on it?

154,000
I don't want a call, just a yes or no answer, please.
I also don't want to have any charge other than the $5.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, the synergy gas will not harm your vehicle. It's just an additive package of detergents.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician