Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 the sliding door on the…

I have a 2005 Pontiac...
I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 the sliding door on the passenger side is automatic it malfunction yesterday I pulled the fuse and was able to close the door however when I put the fuse back in the door won't close completely
1/18/2018
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome

There are 2 things that will cause this problem, you either have a bad detent switch or the contact switch needs to be adjusted.

It is my goal to provide you with 5-star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving the site today. You can always contact me for more information related to this question, at this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please elaborate. How do I check bad detent switch. Also how would I adjust contact switch. The door will manually open and close without fuse. When I put the fuse in door remaines open and chimes. Thanks

Trying to find you a test procedure, but it is not coming up, so I will opt out and another tech will be with you shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I still rate you. I don't want close my question
Dan, ASE Master Technician
Different expert here. Do you still need help?
Is the door adjusted properly?
There is a software update available for the power sliding door module. The dealer would be able to do this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The door was working perfectly yesterday then a friend of mine got his wheelchair jammed with the door open he got the wheelchair out but I couldn't close the door thanks for your

Disconnect the battery cables and hold them together away from the battery. Leave them connected for a few minutes. Make sure all the doors are closed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I'll give that a try I'll let you know what happens

ok I will be here

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried your suggestion disconnected the battery waited a few minutes reconnected battery same issue thanks for your help
  • Ok, try this.

Remove the PSD and/or RH-PSD fuse from the interior fuse panel. Leave it out for about 30 seconds, then put it back in. Then...

Manually close and latch the power sliding doors.Perform two complete Open/Closed cycles for each sliding door using any one of the following devices:•Appropriate switch mounted in the overhead console•Appropriate switch mounted to the B pillar•Remote Transmitter•Special functions of the scan toolWith a scan tool, verify that the PSD Open/Closed Position Learned parameter displays "Yes".Operate the power sliding door to verify completion of the procedure.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated You can do this rating by clicking on the stars in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and lets get your question answered!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow a slightly aging man needs his beauty sleep

ok

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your assistance
Dan, ASE Master Technician