Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2005 range rover hse no heat left side. 2006 range rover…

Customer Question
2005 range rover hse...

2005 range rover hse no heat left side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

2006 range rover sport no heat left side

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had an diagnostic done defective motor, estimated repair 2600 dollars

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
1/18/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault of the temperature motor at fault for the left side.This can be a common issue.The motor itself is usually $200 or less but on allot of models the dash has to be removed to access and replace it which can run 8 to 10 hours labor charge.Now if they had diagnosed a fault with a door in the heater box itself this can cost more to repair as the entire heater box would need to be replaced but 2600 dollars seems a little too high to repair this issue here.I would see if a different repair facility in your area can re check this and quote the repair as $2600 sounds to be too much to fix this issue.It shouldn't cost more than $400 to maybe $1200 at the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician