Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My camry 96 year model cuts out when coming to slowing down…

My camry 96 year...

My camry 96 year model cuts out when coming to slowing down to stop, please help. Vince

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic replaced a new distributor, my auto electrician replaced a new map Center , nothing has changed

1/18/2018
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

has anyone done basics first??? clean the throttle body plate, and the idle air control control valve and passages???

also, the egr valve can cause this if it is stuck open from carbon build up

Roy

I'm expert on this but I'll ask for help this weekend , thank you

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

I missed out the word ( not ) before the word (expert) apologise. I will approach my mechanic about your advise .thank you, Vince

your welcome

thanks Vince

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest