Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I am installing a back up camera. want to wire to the back…

I am installing a...

I am installing a back up camera. want to wire to the back up light. which color is the backup light and where is best place to ground?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. Just the color and where is best to ground

1/17/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Year? model? engine?

2016 slk 300 2.0 engine

I have to opt out as too new for me to get full information

ok. thanks anyway
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here is the information that you have requested. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits with the areas of concern highlighted. You can tap into either one of the reverse lamp wires. The wires are violet and red for the right lamp and violet and black for the left. As for the ground, you can use any ground on the body as an adequate ground. The ground for the back up lamps is on the right side of the luggage compartment on the body of the vehicle.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician