Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I need to know the type of transmission is in a 2006 Dodge…

I need to know the...
I need to know the type of transmission is in a 2006 Dodge Caravan (3.3L) and also how many speeds there are:
VIN # 1D4GP25R36B646548. Thank you.
1/18/2018
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. The automatic transmission that fits that vehicle is a variant of a 41TE or A604 that Chrysler used for many years, it has 4 speeds and is an automatic transmission, the variants that will fit in your 06 are 05 and 06 only as some of the sensors are different in other years and not calibrated the same. Does that help answer your question fully? thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for that info. Does the 06 Caravan only comes in 4 speed?

Yes, at least in this market for Canada and USA. the 08's had 6 speed however. Called a 62TE

Let us know if you have any further questions. If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. Thank you!

Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Excellent! Thanks for your help.

Absolutely, thank you and best wishes.

Edward
Edward
Edward, Service Technician