Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2004 Maserati. Cambiocorsa coupe. I am trying to change the…

Customer Question
2004 Maserati Mechanic's Assistant:...

2004 Maserati

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Maserati?

Cambiocorsa coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hi Pearl, I am trying to change the air filter, have removed the 4 screws holding the panel on but it will not open, there must be a catch to it.? thanks Ed

Mechanic's Assistant: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the spark plugs?

No I am only working on the air filter, spark plugs are on my list

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/18/2018
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.

Once the screws are removed, it should come off. It does have a seal inbetween to make sure of no air leaks and sometimes the last person to install a filter will get it pinched making it hard to separate. you can use a trim tool to slip under the panel to help pry it off

Thanks Eric, I will give it a try. I will let you know. It may be tomorrow Ed

ok sounds good

Auto Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started