Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 1993 Lincoln Town Car with a cracked air filter…

Customer Question
I have a 1993...

I have a 1993 Lincoln Town Car with a cracked air filter housing or air intake tube. They are no longer manufactulred. Could you help me find a used part so that I may continue to drive my car?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the spark plugs?

I haven't been watching the mileage. The spark plugs have been checked. Right now it is at a Firestone Tire Company where they diagnosed the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Firestone said they were unable to locate a used part, so I asked what I was looking for and they said it is the air intake filter tube that is causing the vacuum leak.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We discovered the problem after we had to have our battery jumped twice and the engine would cut off while idling at a light or in the parking space.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/17/2018
Auto Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech. replied 7 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going?