Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2013 2500 stablink comes on daily while driving when you…

Customer Question
2013 2500 stablink comes...

2013 2500 stablink comes on daily while driving when you check for codes nothing shows

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

No code shows when computer is hooked up to the truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. hooked up my XRT Pro Street tuner diesel downloader. It shows no codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than the sensor light goes off and will come back on usually within 5 miles of driving

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/17/2018
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

You have to ping ALL the nodes, stabilitrac codes won't set t in the PCM.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have anymore questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.