Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2009 Rav and We live in the UP of Michigan and it is cold…

2009 Rav and...

2009 Rav and We live in the UP of Michigan and it is cold here. There always seems to be cold on the passenger side. We hit a deer a couple years ago and since it does not seem to have enough heat coming from the floor vents. Also had mice in the vehicle last year. Where should i look for a blockage?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

We get lots of heat on the drivers side and dash and the coolant is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Toyota?

RAV sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes working on it myself. So far have replaced the cabin filter and cover. haven't gotten any further.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think this is good

1/17/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Is the air flow restricted or is there just not enough hot air coming out?

There does not seem to be enough warm air from the floor vent. The dash vents get almost to hot to touch.

Does it have manual heater controls?

I would try back flushing your heater core. If the heater core is slightly clogged it will cause this problem.

OK will try that. Thanks
Please let me know if you have any question. A 3 Star or higher rating would be appreciated. We can still chat for free even after the rating. Thank you

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more. A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated You can do this rating by clicking on the stars. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and lets get your question answered!

Dan, ASE Master Technician