Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I was in a minor accident that caused my ECU fuse under the…

I was in a...

I was in a minor accident that caused my ECU fuse under the hood to blow . I replaced the fuse but car still doesnt start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes fuses under dash are good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 altima gxe manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its currently at nissan in bowie. I had put a dio on it which it came up with 2 codes Net 12and 16 .the key is not comunicating with the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They replaced the IMMU in the steering colunm along with the box that the fuse controled but there guessing which is costing a lot .I told them it was the ECM in front of shifter plus needed to be flashed to the key code .just asking what to do .car cranks but wont start

How do I cancel if not satisfied
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

ECU shorted which would cause the fuse to blow. They need to replace the ecu and reprogram a new key.

Dan, ASE Master Technician